In an effort to boost my fertility, my acupuncturist taught me about the importance of drinking hot lemon water everyday to cleanse my body. Since sipping on hot lemon water all day er’day gets boring, I like to jazz it up with healthy, flavorful ingredients, creating the perfect cleansing tea.
My fav tea is the kind you make yourself. I love scavenging through my pantry and fridge to find goodies to create my own tea blend. Lemon, Mint, Ginger and Cinnamon is my fav DIY tea because it’s fresh, soothing, and super frekin’ healthy… and it’s quick and easy to make.
Note: This is a single serving mug recipe, but you can easily add more of everything to fill up a large teapot.
- Juice from a quarter lemon and/or a few lemon slices (I do both for extra lemony goodness)
- A couple of fresh mint leaves
- Approx. 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and cut into pieces (Note: you can also add fresh tumeric in the same way, which is an excellent liver cleaning ingredient)
- Cinnamon stick, half or whole (I find breaking it up into a few pieces bring out the flavour more)
- Option for extra sweetness: add a bit of honey
*Play with the amounts of each ingredient to your liking.
Place all ingredients in a mug (or large teapot) and cover with boiling water. Let seep for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
Peace. Love. And baby dust.